Many products in today’s world are designed with planned obsolescence in mind. The world of fast fashion is an example of this, and has been proven to be terrible for the environment. Luckily, there are products that have stood the test of time and are so high quality that they come with a lifetime guarantee. We researched to find the best quality products that make really great gifts for eco-conscious people.
1. Jansport Backpack. Classic design, so many colors and patterns, affordable, and a lifetime guarantee? That’s amazing. Jansport has been around since 1967, and is so sure about the quality and durability of their bags that they will fix or replace any bag that doesn’t meet those standards. Now that’s good value.
2. Feetures Socks. I know that everyone is a fan of Darn Tough Socks, so I thought I’d feature (pun intended) Feeture Socks. They also offer a lifetime guarantee and are slightly more affordable than DTS. Their socks also come in a huge variety of different colors and designs.
3. Land’s End. Best known for their outerwear, Land’s End makes great attire for the whole family. They even do custom business apparel. As promised on their website: “If you’re not satisfied with any item‚ simply return it to us at any time for an exchange or refund of its purchase price.” Other great clothing brands that have lifetime warranties are Eddie Bauer and Patagonia.
4. Le Creuset. Anybody who is into cooking knows the power of a good dutch oven, and there is no one better than Le Creuset. You can make bread, braised short ribs, tomato sauce and applesauce…the possibilities are endless. With timeless design and a excellent warranty, this can make an amazing heirloom gift.
5. Hydro Flask. Anybody who is eco-conscious certainly has their own water bottle, and the best one out there is Hydro Flask. Vacuumed sealed and insulation keeps liquids cold or hot for hours. Their bottles are made of Stainless Steel and are BPA-Free and Phthalate Free. And of course, their bottles come with a lifetime warranty.
6. Dr. Martens Shoes. Known for their durability and toughness, Dr. Marten’s Shoes are versatile and has stood the test of time. There is only one model that they guarantee for life and it is their iconic For Life 1460 shoes. Great for casual outings or tough weather conditions, these pair of boots make a great gift.
7. Cutco Knifes. A good set of knifes is a great. One that comes with a lifetime guarantee is even better. I found that other brands only had limited warranties, but this one is absolutely unconditional. They’ll even sharpen it for you! A perfect gift for any foodie or budding cook.
8. Craftsman Tools. Regardless of your skill level, everybody could use a good set of tools, whether it’s hanging up a picture frame or tighten a loose bolt. Craftsman knows that its products are high-quality, and that’s why they will repair or replace your tools free of charge should anything happened to them.
What are your favorite workhorse products? Things that you have had for years and years and still going tough? Comment below!