Every once in a while, we come across people that are generous enough to mentor, support, or counsel us. They help us realize our goals and dreams with their time and wisdom. Their invaluable feedback should be acknowledged with a token of your appreciation. Whether it is your colleague, friend, or parent, you can show them your gratitude with these following ideas:
1. Bouquet of Flowers. Universally appreciated, there is nothing quite like a beautiful bouquet of flowers. If you want to take it step further, check out our post about different blooms and what they mean.
2. A Meal Out. You can either give them a gift certificate or take them out to lunch! Everybody appreciates a free meal and good company. Also applicable: a box of donuts, a cup of coffee, and a cocktail at a bar.
3. A Beautifully Scented Candle. A high quality candle can be a great thank you gift to those who love scents. Lavender, Vanilla, and Pine are commonly liked by everyone.
4. An Enamel Pin. You could get a “Best Boss” mug…or you could get an enamel pin like this. I love gifting enamel pins because it’s like a “badge of honor” for the recipient.
5. Bouquet of [insert here]. They are more than just bouquets of flowers. You can also gift an assortment of beef jerky, beer, wines, chocolates. Let your imagination run wild!
6. Subscription Boxes. These are always fun to gift, because it’s the gift that keeps on giving. We recommend Bokksu, or Munchpak… They are fantastic international snack box subscriptions.
7. Some Help. Sometimes, the best gift is to make someone’s life easier. Why not get them food delivery like Postmates, or some help around the house with services like TaskRabbit? Or, you could always volunteer your services.
8. Tickets. Does your town have an Aquarium? Zoo? Theater? Museum? If your recipient has kids, buy enough tickets for the whole family! People appreciate having a day out doing something out of the ordinary.
I hope this helps bring a smile to somebody who has helped you in one way or another. Let me know in the comments below who you appreciate in your life!