One of my favorite things to gift are my famous cinnamon chocolate covered strawberries. It’s gorgeous, unexpected, seductively good, and sooo easy to make.
There are so many occasions you can present these… Valentine’s day, Mother’s day, anniversaries, birthdays, office parties, etc. These also make a great consumable gift for your minimalist friends.
You will need:
- Ripe strawberries
- 1 bar chopped high-quality chocolate
- 2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt (not table salt!)
- Wax paper or parchment paper
- Rinse thoroughly and pat dry the strawberries.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 20 second increments. Keep stirring between each increments until the chocolate is smoothly melted.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and sea salt and mix until thoroughly combined. Add it to the warm, but not hot, melted chocolate (this is crucial!) and mix sparingly… we want the texture of the brown sugar and salt.
- Dip and swirl the strawberries into the chocolate until sufficiently coated. Place the strawberries on wax paper or parchment paper.
- Let the berries cool in the refrigerator for 10 mins.
- Finished! Keep refrigerated and consume within 1-2 days.
You can use either milk or dark chocolate, but I prefer dark chocolate with this recipe. The reason why I don’t want the brown sugar or salt to amalgamate into the chocolate is for texture. Having the ingredients separate makes each bite like a party of sweet, salty, fruity, and cinnamon in your mouth.
Did you try this recipe at home? Let me know how they turned out for you!